Saturday, June 6, 2009

Happy Annivrsary to my sweetie!!!

The past 11 years have flown by! It is so hard to believe that 11 years ago, I stood looking through the window pane of the double doors wondering if this was really happening. Were you really going to marry me? I looked out at all of the people- our friends and family gathered and could not believe the miles traveled by some and what the years to come would be like. My own parents could not make their marriage work and I really had no healthy marriages to look at...but we did it! I know that our marriage is different than so many others...and I am so grateful. 15 years ago I met this long-haired lifeguard with a heart of gold and then watched as you left for college and then joined the Air Force...and I look at you I know and that heart of yours is like no other. God has sent you to me and I know this...to show me what love is really all about...how to be loved, how to love someone...and knowing each day that I do not deserve it and you love me anyway! We danced to Celine Dion's The Power of Love....and it is still so true today!

Lost is how Im feeling

lying in your arms

When the world outsides too

Much to take

That all ends when Im with you

Even though there may be times

It seems Im far away

Never wonder where I amcause

I am always by your side

Were heading for something

Somewhere Ive never been

Sometimes I am frightened

But Im ready to learn

Of the power of love

Everyday we head into unchartered waters with one another. You have stood by me, with me, and up for me and all because you love me...hard to believe and somedays hard to accept...but you love me. The times you have been deployed, the world almost stood still, but God always brought you back to me...I would laugh when you were in Iraq and say that you would be alright because God has given us the opportunity to be one of the greatest love stories on earth and we are not done yet! The girls are blessed to call you daddy and I am blessed to call you my husband!

No comments: