Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Friends

Maybe because I have just turned 30- not sure- but I really feel that my eyes have been opened lately. I am looking for friends who feel comfortable enough with themselves to "just be" in my presence. I am not looking friends who can only operate in a crisis-nor am I looking for friends who are afraid to be around in the midst of a crisis. Just honest people to hang out with, talk to, and share this life journey with. Is that possible? I know I am moving--but I am not gone yet! I am asking God to show me people to share life with and have some good times with in the process. Go out to dinner, movies, share my home with, the list goes on!

1 comment:

Miss Em said...

Maybe we will catch up soon. I have had some major stuff going on the past year and have become more selective about my friends, both on and offline.
Anyway, I can relate to this feeling and just thought I'd tell you.
I'm glad you sent a personal message with your friend request. I get many requests by people just looking to "collect" me for their list and it doesn't feel nice.
Before, I might not have cared much. But, circumstances have shown on whom I can count when things aren't sunshine and roses. I am keeping a tighter circle now.
Perhaps you can relate to that, too.
Thanks for sharing your blog. I like open doors like this :)

Emily