Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Time to Move...On

Well, things are getting easier as far as my perspective on friends and relationships go. I have decided this...it is time to start over! Yes, a few friends will stay the same, but a new me will mean new relationships. What do I mean by a new me?
Well, my mindset is changing a little. I used to take so much responsibility and ownership in my relationships and that is not fair...to anyone.
So, from now on, I can only be me. I am 30- happily married with two children. I like to have a good time and those times are meant to be shared. I am on a quest for REAL relationships...those built on honesty and respect. The types of friendships where you know the other person will be there at 2 in the morning- when things are not great- and the type where you can have a cup of coffee at 2 in the afternoon- when things are going great! I want the type of relationship where the other person knows that I am there and I know they are there. There has to be balance...I have a family and a career...but there are still aspects of my life that can be shared with others. I am reconnecting with some people from high school and we will see where that goes. I have a couple of friends here and they are awesome...just trying to figure things out. Some of my favorite shows and movies- the Golden Girls and Steel Magnolias- all show women who have had these lifelong relationships...I want that!!!

1 comment:

Amy Moore said...

Friendships are very important and I think in your case, with your husband being away, it will be very essential to have friends who can be there for you. I'm always here to talk should you want or need to. As a wife and mom, I understand the toll it takes when your best friend, lover, and husband isnt there to talk to. I hope that you are getting along while your husband is away, but know there are others whoi can sympathize with your situation. : )